Announcement of introduction of maximum number system of
Hozon / Tokubetsu Hozon Shinsa acception
Due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the international delivery/mail is now regulated from Japan to several countries.
For this reason, there are some countries we cannot send the monthly magazine “Tokenbijutsu.”
When the delivery system recovers, we will send the delayed ones at once.
We would appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
For more details, please refer to the link below.
※To view the PDF, you need the password that you have informed in advance to members in areas where mailing is not possible.
※It is strictly prohibited to reprint without permission, transfer or lend the password of this PDF to the third party.
※This service will be implemented only for the limited time until the mailing situation recover.
Until the delivery delays are resolved,
We accept your answer for the Shijo Kantei in the following page.
Question (11/10 updated)
The Nihon Bijutsu Token Hozon Kyokai (NBTHK) was founded in February 1948 as an authorized foundation by the government in order to save Japanese sword that was in a critical situation of total destruction when the Occupation Forces tried to confiscate all the Japanese swords from Japanese people just after World War II. Also the Sword Museum that belongs to the NBTHK was built and opened in May 1968 with co-operation and financial support of its members.
It is our purpose that we conserve Japanese swords that have artistic value and make them be open to the public. Also we support the preservation and the development of sword forging and polishing techniques as well as koshirae making as intangible cultural assets. Meanwhile, we make all possible effort to investigate and secure the material of Japanese sword and help people in studying Japanese sword appreciation.
Token Bijutsu Translation
Token Bijutsu (English)
- NBTHK bulletin "Token Bijutsu" is sent to members every month.
- You can have discount entrance fee at sword exhibition held by the NBTHK.
- Maintenance and life members are free to attend sword exhibitions and special sword viewings held by the NBTHK.
- You are allowed to attend to beginner's class held by the NBTHK.
||Yearly Membership Fee
* Life member is required to donate the NBTHK articles that are evaluated over 500,000 Japanese Yen.
* Oversea membership fee includes the postage of Token Bijutsu Bulletin.